Thursday, November 20, 2008

Stuck!

I'm really enjoying my time with Drew right now, and I know it's a big blessing to get to stay home with him. We're doing all kinds of fun things together, like going to play time at the library, hanging out with our Okie friends at the zoo or mall, or just playing together.


Drew always finds a way to make me laugh, and I'm trying to make sure I don't fill my life with too much other stuff so I'm always ready to enjoy laughing and playing with him.


My mom bought Drew a walker when he was just getting interested in walking, hoping it would help our little guy get around faster. Instead, he considered it confinement instead of a set of helping wheels and he hated it! However, he loved the little toys on the tray part. We still have to leave it out because he loves the toys.

Go figure, he never let me put him in there -- he would scream and fuss until I took him out. Now I'll hear him go in his room and play with the musical, light-up toys, and then he'll start whining a bit. That's when I know he has climbed into the walker and can't get himself out. On Monday, he really got himself into a predicament:


He has chocolate all over his face even though it's about 9:30 in the morning. We had gone over to the office to try to send a fax to our Army recruiter, and our wonderful apartment manager, Jennifer, loves to see Drew come in. She gave him a cookie, which he thoroughly enjoyed, as you can see by the chocolate smeared across his cheeks. Don't ask me how he got this way. But when I saw it, I just couldn't get him out until I had snapped a few candid shots!

One of my favorite memories of Drew will always be the day I heard him whining in our room while we were living at Sunset Ridge in Cedar City. I went in to find him, and discovered him UNDER our bed, folded in half. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of that one. I never know how this kid gets himself into these situations, but it sure makes life interesting!


Ever the big kid now, he listens to the ear phones with daddy, catching up on an embryology class, I think. :)

Drew's newest word is "me." He walks around the house saying it over and over and over. It sounds like a little song. This kid is full of personality!

No comments: