Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ah, April...

April is going to be a fun month for us -- and busy! I'm enjoying the warm weather, but not the wind. Oh, well, I'll take what I can get -- enjoying some spring weather before it becomes ridiculously hot. This week has been busy with craft projects and sports. Drew has soccer practice on Thursdays and games on Saturdays, and Brent and I are playing softball Friday nights with our dental and ward friends.


Look at that soccer pose! Drew has really started liking soccer. He was really sad when he had to sit down; he told me, "Mom, I just want to play..." When he gets out there, he's so anxious to kick the ball that he doesn't use his small kicks, just kicks the ball hard; that unfortunately means the ball usually goes out of bounds.


A little story behind this awesome photo: This kid on the other team, the one falling to the ground on the right side, was deemed "the bully" because he took down a kid by his jersey -- from his own team -- to get to the ball. Sure, this kid might be nice usually and just really wanted the ball, but we didn't feel so bad when Drew took him down (not by the jersey, just by getting in there and getting the ball). Go Drew!


We took some team pics after the game. I got some good ones of all the kids, just not together. :) Haha! Don't worry -- there's a team photo, just don't expect all the kids to be smiling. I was just happy I got a few where they were all looking in my general direction...


Also this week I did another shoot with Bryn for a little project I'm working on (which I'll share after the first of May, ahem, so as to not ruin any surprises). But I had to share this -- Bryn got her Easter dress early because when the baby grows inches every week, you have to wear those cute clothes while they fit! This is what she wore to church today and she looked pretty cute!


And this is from last week when Julie stopped by for a quick visit. Drew loved having Ace around, even if it was only for a few hours. He was throwing his toy for him in the back yarn, then he'd tell him very sternly, "Drop it!" He was so excited Julie came to see us -- I don't know how much he remembers her, but when he woke up and I told him Aunt Julie was here, he went straight to the living room and snuggled up to her on the blow-up mattress!

No comments: