Sunday, June 26, 2011

Playing catch (up)...

We've been rather busy, and I've been focusing on my craft blog lately, so I have a lot to catch up with. I've been trying to update both blogs on Tuesdays; apparently two blogs in one day is not going to happen...

Bryn is cruisin' like crazy, getting into all kinds of trouble. She's a lot of fun, but also the reason I can't get as much done these days.


And apparently I'm not the only one in the family with a big mouth. :)


Drew did a preschool rotation with some of his (girl)friends in the ward. It was so much fun -- I really enjoyed teaching when it was my turn, but also really enjoyed being back to one kid on all the other Mondays. This was the last time it was at our house. We had finished all our lessons, so we just got to play. The kids invented their own game playing some sort of volleyball over the ropes on our little tree, called soft volley ball.


Of course, Ady was our coach and when they weren't playing, they were cheering each other on and eating fish.


Or making faces.


We are loving summer just because there's so many fun things to do. Unfortunately, it's gotten so hot we can't even enjoy our evenings. We're in the triple digits in the foreseeable future...


Drew is daddy's big helper. He loves being out with Brent...


And do I let the baby eat grass? Why yes, yes I do. She likes it, and it means we can enjoy being outside. She doesn't eat too much, though. Hasn't made her sick, so I think we're good.


And check out those baby blues! I keep holding my breath, waiting for them to change, but hooray! Still gorgeously blue. And yes, she's well versed in using a sippy cup already. Anything involved with food, she's a natural at, and she seems to have inherited her daddy's gigantic thirst.


Of course, if her eyes change, I won't be sad for long. I'm in love with Drew's green/hazel eyes, too.


As I mentioned, Bryn is crawling, but it's never the same crawl it seems. Sometimes it's normal, sometimes it's the stink bug, and most of the time, it's this weird drag-the-left-leg crawl. Doesn't matter too much, she'll be walking in no time. She's almost as anxious as her brother to get around.


Drew started teeball three weeks ago, and he's had two games. He's a pro at dropping the bat and running to first, and he knows just how to get around the bases...


... and he's good at fielding; we just have to teach him he doesn't have to get ALL the balls. It's like a little herd of boys every time the ball goes into the field. They flock together after the ball; sometimes there's pushing, usually there's fighting over who gets to throw the ball. But at his first game they actually got three outs in an inning!


Check out that form!


And finally, Drew is in Sunbeams in Primary. He absolutely loves getting to sing with the other kids, and he's been singing "Teach Me About the Temple" almost nonstop. And funnily enough, it hasn't gotten old. Instead, it just touches me so deeply to hear him sing that song. So for a family night a few weeks ago, we took the kids to the temple so Drew could see what the song was about.





I wasn't sure how much he got out of it, only that now he'll know where we go when we say we're going to the temple. But this morning as we were getting ready for church, he came bursting into my room and said, "Mom, I need to go to the temple! I'm 12, I need to go to the temple!" He was totally listening, soaking up everything, even the fact that it was a special place and he could go in when he turned 12. I love seeing him start to understand the things we're trying to teach him...
 

Hope you're all enjoying your summer! Can't wait to see everyone when we come through this summer!

No comments: