Thursday, July 3, 2008

OOOOOklahoma, where the wind comes....

... rushing down the plains! Yup, it's definitely flat here. However, I don't really notice it in the city. There's tons of green trees and rolling hills. We noticed it most in Texas. Although I must admit I was really disoriented for a couple of days and couldn't figure out which way was north, etc. We certainly miss Cedar City, but I can see us learning to like it here. We definitely miss our old place (we've cut down a bedroom and lots of storage), but we're living at the Lincoln at Central Park apartments, which are really nice. We love the location. We're straight up the road from the state capital and only four miles from the dental school.
We arrived Wednesday afternoon and lived in an empty apartment until our trailer got here on Friday. We had some wonderful volunteers from our new ward help us; we couldn't have done it without them! We're pretty much settled. I still need to dig into some boxes in our room, and there's two or three more piles of boxes. We just need to go find us a couch and we're good to go!
And for those of you who heard, my Utah driver's license had expired. I guess I should have renewed it before I left because it's been the biggest pain to get it here -- I had to retake all the tests! But -- YEEHAH! -- I did pass and I am once again able to drive. :) Brent started anatomy on Tuesday. His brain has been a little fried, but he's already working hard and I'm sure he'll get into the swing of things.

No comments: