Friday, January 9, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We had a great Christmas! Every year my mom makes apple French toast for breakfast, and we all open our presents. It's not joyful chaos around my house like it is at my in-laws. We only have three kids in my family, and so we've always taken turns and watched each other open presents. It was a little more bedlam because now it's three of us and our spouses plus a grandchild. It was lots of fun.

Drew, however, did not quite get the concept of ripping the wrapping paper, which I thought he would enjoy immensely. He enjoyed the tissue paper littering the floor after the presents much more.

Besides his Superman beanie and gloves, he got several outfits, a nativity book and finger puppets, a shape ball, a big plush basketball and a little doggie in a doghouse.

My grandparents got Drew this cute little FisherPrice set called "Drew and his Rescue Chopper." How fun! It's still at my parents house awaiting shipping to OKC along with most of our other presents. I got new clothes, socks, etc., and Brent got the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD. Then my parents so generously gave us the gift of part of our plane tickets out there, which was my favorite gift of all. It was a great trip home, and very needed. We miss all of you so much!

Wow, Drew really is super. Look at those muscles...

No comments: