Friday, January 9, 2009

Snow day...

We flew to Utah on Dec. 22, and Dec. 23 was snowy! I went to get some essentials at the store, but other than that, we just got ready for Christmas and stayed off the streets. But Christmas Eve was beautiful! Brent and my brother, Tyler, and his wife, Lindsey, took Drew outside to enjoy the snow.

They pulled Drew around my parents' front yard on a tube, then Tyler and Brent piled up the snow in a pile to make Drew a mini-snow hill. He didn't act really excited at first, but as soon as he got down the hill, he was saying "more, more!" He loved it!

My mom bought him this cute little blue coat for Christmas. He also got a Superman beanie and gloves. He had a blast until his pants got soaked through and he was cold. I wish I had this picture a few weeks earlier -- this would have been on our Christmas cards. It's my new favorite picture of Drew.
He also made this cute little snow angel after I went in the house. Next to it my brother made a big one, but you can't really see the proportions. But trust me, it was cute!
My sister, Sarah, and her hubby, Brennon, traded around their work schedules so they could be with us for Christmas Eve. My grandparents also came over and we had a great evening reading the Christmas story, playing a Christmas game and just being with each other.
These aren't 3D glasses. They're Christmas light glasses. When you look at lights, little images or words appear around each light. My mom bought them for us to go to Temple Square with one year, and we teased her they were too dorky to wear in public. We laugh a lot when we pull them out. Drew liked trying them on, although we couldn't get him to look at the lights.

No comments: