Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cabin fever...

Wow! Crazy weather week!! I thought I had seen a good amount of what the plains can deliver as far as some crazy weather, but my eyes are opened once more...

Our last weekend was awesome -- 76 degrees, lots of time outside and a great trip to Arcadia Lake for a barbecue with some of our ward friends...


I know, I know, more baby toes. But they're so cute! Brent accuses me that no one will know what her face looks like because all I take pictures of is her feet. Not true, keep scrolling...


Oh! I just love those baby blues; we'll see in a month or two here if they start to change. And I love this floppy hat -- thanks, Tisha! It's perfect!


And Drew was doing what Drew loves best -- throwing stuff. There weren't any good rocks, so he was just throwing sand, but I don't think he cares. We enjoyed a beautiful sunset...


America's Next Top Model!


I love the warm weather! I must say, a nice looking little family. :)


Love hanging out with you guys! I'll email you the pics when I get around to editing them. :)


Love hanging out with you, too!

Then came the blizzard of 2011 just three days later. It felt like doomsday! The media were telling us to get prepared, it was packed at the grocery stores and gas stations, and there was this feeling of impending danger in the air. We were ready, but it was just crazy when it hit on Tuesday. Not a ton of snow, but lots of wind creating these huge drifts.


The snow practically covered Drew's window. The drift between our house and the neighbor's ended up getting around 6 feet tall.


A guy up the street thought he was going somewhere -- being experienced with snow, we knew he wasn't. This drift was as high as his car hood and he was sliding everywhere. Sorry, buddy, you're not going anywhere. He tried and tried and tried, and we laughed and laughed and laughed -- except when he was fishtailing right at our mailbox. No damage, thank goodness. Then he tried driving on the sidewalk/yard across the street and got his car completely stuck. He even tried a dirt shovel. It was quite entertaining...

We ended up spending the entire week in the house. I though Drew was going to start jumping off the walls, literally. I finally bundled him up and sent him out to play on Friday; I should have done it sooner, but it was so cold! It was -16 degrees with the wind chill! We finally got out Friday evening to make a run for the store just because we were soooo sick of being cooped up. Then yesterday was gorgeous, ran a lot of errands in 47 degree weather, had our friends over for some pre-Super Bowl bean dip. But no big thaw for us -- we're supposed to get a comparable storm on Wednesday... Yikes!

1 comment:

katrina said...

that picture of drew throwing rocks is awesome!

more warm weather coming our way...hooray!!!