Sunday, January 30, 2011

Having a bad day?


No, I didn't have a week of bad days, but you'd think we were having a bad day in this picture! We had a great week actually, and this weekend was perfect! Brent got done with school early on Friday, and we enjoyed some beautiful 76-degree weather.

I heard back on a writing contest I entered this week (unfortunately, not the results I was hoping for), but it was a reminder that I have been neglecting my writing skills. So I'm going to try to practice writing more often, and to go with a writing project, I wanted to illustrate it by trying out a popular shot of kids on the ground in a circle. This was my first shot, and let's just say our circle of kids was quickly reduced...

Bryn was actually happy enjoying the warm weather in our little patch of super soft grass.


But we ended up getting our little group of friends together after a trip to the park and right before nap time. Our one little non-cryer on the bottom soon joined with the tears...

It didn't turn out exactly as I had pictured, but I got some good shots and it was good practice. :) This week was full of fun stuff -- I've been getting a lot done for my Etsy shop, practicing photography, and having fun with the kiddos.

After this, we had a nice afternoon, went out to dinner with our friends and had some awesome dessert (thanks Trina!). Then Saturday we tried to spend some time outside in our second day of 70-degree weather. We even had a barbecue on a beach Saturday evening -- perfect! Of course, I also had to make sure we had everything we need for the next week -- we're expecting an ice storm on Tuesday. Go figure!

No comments: