Friday, February 22, 2013

Summer rewind...

Oh man! Is it cold in here! It's definitely got me thinking of all the great stuff I plan to do this summer -- go to the beach as often as possible, hit the drive-in theater, run the trail next to the river, and just plain enjoy some sun and warmth!
 
We really had the best time last summer, and I had uploaded these but never actually posted them to my blog because I'm a little forgetful like that sometimes. We got to go to the Cady family reunion, which I haven't gotten to do in more than 10 years! This was the first time for my hubby and the kiddos. I missed some of my cousins, but all the aunts and uncles were there... 
 
 
We were at Fish Lake this year. This is our old family banner -- it wouldn't be the Cady Campout without it! We need to add quite a few names to it.

 
Uncle Steve, my dad, Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Connie, Aunt Lynne and Uncle Shawn

 
Aunt Debbie made us all Cady Campout bracelets. And yes, we were the coolest ones at Fish Lake that week. :)


 
We went up to Johnson Reservoir to see if we could find some better fishing. It was absolutely beautiful up there! You just had to watch out for the cows and what they left behind.

 
My cousin Shawn caught a nice-sized fish. Bryn was intrigued!

 
It's Fish Lake, so every afternoon the rains rolled in. And one day we even got hail! It didn't last long, but it was a crazy downpour! Left us with lots of mud...
 
 
We got to go out on Uncle Steve's fishing boat. That was lots of fun!
 
 
It was fun, but we didn't catch much, just some itty bitties.
 
 
Drew caught his first fish! We didn't get the stay the whole time because Bryn was more than done by Wednesday, but it was wonderful to get to see the fam again and take the kids camping.

No comments: