Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Splish splash!

Drew and I went to Bricktown to visit the Downtown Library on Monday. I needed to get a library card, plus I heard from my writers' group it was really cool. The drawback is you have to pay for parking anywhere downtown. I found a good spot right across the street and lucked out because the meter was broken, so I got free parking. The highlight, of course, was this wonderful little water feature by the Rotary Club in front of the library.


Drew had an absolute blast! We went inside first, or else we wouldn't have gotten to go at all. But we had to stop and play in the water when we were done. I took Drew's shoes off and just let him have at it!

And boy, did Drew make the best of it! Everyone was starting to walk by on the street for their lunch break, and I could hear each of them chuckling as they saw how much Drew was enjoying it. He was completely soaked.

He ran in and out, and sometimes just stood there laughing at this strange water jumping out of the cement. I had to strip him down afterward -- he went home in just a fresh diaper. But if he could talk, I'm sure he'd tell you it was well worth it.

No comments: