Sunday, October 5, 2008

October kick-off...

I feel like we had so much fun this weekend -- it was like a month's worth in one weekend. Guess what we did! I'm sure you guessed right -- we went to the zoo. But it was family night for zoo members and all the rides and the Fin and Flippers Show was free!



We had lots of fun in the short hour we went. We went to the show first; Drew loved the sea lions jumping out of the water and making loud noises. Then Drew and I took a ride on the carousel and we finished with a ride on the tram.



We've been on the carousel before, but last time Drew and I rode a stationary elephant, so I thought it would be fun to put him on one that moved. However, he got too scared to do it with me just holding on to him, so I practically broke the poor wooden zebra and climbed on.

Then we went to our friends's house (Katrina and Jordan) to watch the USU/BYU game, although I have to admit I didn't see a minute of it. We had a barbecue and then I had way too much fun with the girls to venture into the guy zone in the living room. We tried to laugh hard enough to get Keri into labor, but no such luck!

I really miss Utah, especially as we watched General Conference this weekend and saw the beautiful mountains behind Salt Lake City. But I have to admit, I don't miss it nearly as much as I thought, and I know it's because I have some really awesome friends. Thanks for hanging out with me. I'm so glad we're all dental wives together!! From left, Leanne, JQ, Katrina, Keri and me (we're missing our friend Lindsay, but she just had a little baby a few weeks ago, so she probably had better things to do than hang out till the middle of the night with us).

PS - I got my stitches removed on Monday and my finger feels SO much better. It looks like I've been practicing for a gruesome Halloween, but I can finally type again! I also got a sewing project done today. :) So happy to be off the disabled list...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

It looks like you guys are having a great time in Oklahoma! I can't even believe how old Drew looks! It's crazy! The zoo looks awesome. We miss you guy!

Isaac and Leanne said...

It looks like Brent is wearing a Legends baseball hat! Is he? That's awesome if he is, I think it's so neat that your bro-in-law played for them!