Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fourth of July

We had a great Fourth of July! We were lucky enough that Brent got to take a break from the Texas heat and fly to Utah to be with us for the holiday weekend.


I didn't think Drew would like sparklers, so we decided to try pops. He loved them! Of course, it didn't help that Brent and my brother were throwing them at each others' feet -- always teaching the kids something bad. :) When it came time to do our own little fireworks show, Drew wasn't so happy. He wouldn't let Brent let go of him, and he kept begging to go inside. He doesn't like fireworks...

But the little pops were too much fun. I'm so glad Tyler and Lindsey got to come up and hang out with us. I have to add that the Fourth took on special meaning this year. Now I can really appreciate the sacrifice so many people are making to have their military loved ones away to protect us -- and my sacrifice was significantly less than most other military wives. I am glad that we can do some small part to support our troops with our service, and I'm so grateful for all those who are serving their country.

No comments: