Friday, August 20, 2010

It's almost baby time...

I just wanted to brag a little bit: I made this!


Here is Bryn's blessing dress (no idea when we'll be blessing her, though). That was my big project for the summer. I took it up to my mom's because she has a serger and I wanted to do a really good job with this. It's nothing too fancy, but I'm just glad I could make something special for my new little girl. I was so happy with the way it turned out -- it has a satin lining and I even hand-stitched the hem. :)

I went to my last doctor's appointment today, and despite previous signs, I don't think the baby is coming early (1.5 cm dialated, hardly effaced). So we'll be headed to the hospital bright and early Monday morning for an induction. My in-laws are on their way here, and we get to keep them for a whole week! Then my mom is headed out next weekend, and we get to keep her for another week. I'm so grateful our family is finding a way to come out and help -- I really miss them and it will be so nice to have the extra hands. Plus, it's fun they get to meet their new granddaughter (a girl is a rarity on both sides of our family). Wish me luck -- I'm so ready to not be pregnant anymore, but I am also very, very nervous about the whole process of being not being pregnant and the adjustment to two kids...

2 comments:

Tawny said...

You'll do wonderfully!! Good luck and Congratulations in advance!!!!

katrina said...

the dress is amazing! I need to see it in person.